Nov 12, 2008

PASSED

I passed. Barely. But passed.

Now I'm torn between just stay as far as I can from Medicine for the holidays, or start preparing for my final year in med school. My results have been going steadily downhill right back since sem 4 in IMU, and now that I've reached the point where I've just barely missed the failing line, I can't afford to be complacent anymore.

I'll definitely take a break once I get registered as a doctor. Maybe get myself involve in some research. Or perhaps some light teaching back in IMU. Facilitating PBLs sounds like a fun way to earn some money.

2 comments:

Yuen said...

Hey Thom, congrats on passing your exams.

As for your current dilemma, you're not alone. Many medics I know are currently in (what you could call) a "burnt-out" phase. A number of residents and registrars here in Melb actually advocate a one-year hiatus straight after graduation - they claim it'll rejuvenate the mind. Dabble into research, do some voluntary work, travel around the world.... whatever suits your fancy, they implored.

With that being said, no matter how tempting it is to take a year off, I don't think I can ever persuade my Dad to consider this option! LOL. Perhaps you'll have better luck with this one? =)

Take care Thom.

Timothy said...

Congratulations mate.