Feb 10, 2008

GP

Still feels a bit weary of life, but at least I'm coping now. When I saw the juniors so full of life and joy, I can't help but feel pity for them. Things gonna change real soon. Really hope they enjoy these last moments of blissfulness, before the whole world starts collapsing on them.

Starting off with 2 weeks of General Practice is OK so far, although the leisurely pace is really testing my patience. Most patients visit the clinic to get their 3-monthly prescription repeats, and I have yet to seen any acute cases after being in the clinic for 3 full days. But it's great to finally get my first observation of a cervical smear, and it's surprising how similar the procedure is to the models we practice on, and yet more difficult in a way (esp when you're trying to locate the cervix).

Quite happy that I'm finally familiar with the opthalmoscope, though I have yet to practice on a dilated pupil. At least I get to learn something. Let's hope things will get more productive next week.

No comments: